Welcome to the Home Comfort Consultation.
Many times, when a customer has comfort problems, or are faced with buying new equipment, they don’t know where to start. This is where the Home Comfort Consultation is offered. We’ve been working with other industry professionals to develop this awesome process and we hope it helps you make educated decisions.
Most heating and cooling replacements are done under duress. The equipment is old, has failed during heating or cooling season, and an expensive repair is required. Now your rushing to have something comparable thrown back in. How are you going to have the time to address any concerns when your rushing to get new equipment installed? Many times a salesman comes over for the ‘free estimate’, which we refer to as ‘Path A.’ Now, a free estimate may be good if you do not have any comfort concerns with your current equipment. But, equipment replacement is possibly the single best opportunity to address performance annoyances people have with their homes. These issues tend to present themselves as comfort/temperature imbalances, equipment/airflow noise, humidity (mold and odors), high equipment repairs and high energy bills.
What about other comfort issues?
Do any of these pertain to you?
Are there any room(s) in my house are too hot/humid in summer?
Are there any room(s) in my house are too cold/dry in winter?
Are there are health concerns in my home/family such as allergies, asthma, mold, excessive dust, pests, chemical or mold sensitivities, etc?
Are there any moisture issues in my home such as overflowing gutters; standing water against the foundation; mold in the attic, basement, or crawlspace; rotted wood, etc?
I need new equipment and don’t know where to start.
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Home Comfort Consultation is recommended, which we refer to as ‘Path B.’
The Home Comfort Consultation builds a replacement plan so you have better equipment recommendations ready when it is time to replace your equipment. Interestingly, most people who go through the process end up with much smaller equipment, smaller energy bills, and much better comfort. We’ve found that over sized equipment tends to be the single greatest cause of consumer performance complaints. The only way to get better results is with testing and measuring. Like a doctor, they can’t come up with better prescriptions without diagnosing and testing.
The Home Comfort Consultation starts with an interview and measurement of your homes air leakage using a tool called a blower door. What we do:
- Develop a written and prioritized list of performance issues that bother you. We gather that information from the interview. We talk about heath, safety, comfort, and durability.
- Develop a preliminary budget – we help you start thinking about what it is worth to solve various annoyances.
- Your homes current blower door number, and an understanding of what it means. Did you watch the video above?
- A load calculation of your current home. We do some testing and measuring. This will tell us what size equipment your home really needs.
- A load calculation assuming air sealing made your home reasonably tight. What size equipment would you need if you made improvements?
- A load calculation showing current equipment/leakage mismatch. This shows how leaky your home would need to be for your current equipment to be properly sized. Many homes have equipment so over sized they could leave a window part way open during the winter.
- Thermal imaging of a few problem rooms. Lets spot some insulation deficiencies and air leakage not seen by the naked eye.
- Airflow verification across equipment. How is that airflow flowing across the equipment? Is it restrictive and hampering efficiency?
- Indoor Air quality Test. We take a 30 minute baseline sample to test the quality of your indoor air.
- Recommended replacement equipment and prescriptive measures. We make better recommendations now that we have a better understanding your the house needs, your goals, and budget.
All this information is compiled in a follow up e-mail that we send to you within several days. If your interested in having a Home Comfort Consultation done, Fill out the form below.
This $500 valued visit is currently being offered at $295.